Hello, and welcome to the PS/MS 165 Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)!
The PTA is a group of parents and teachers working collaboratively with our school administration, staff, and School Leadership Team to enrich the environment for all our students. Our PTA serves all grades, PreK through 8th, and we look for programs and opportunities that can support our entire school community.
Here are some ways we help:
- Improving communication to our parents through our web site, e-mail newsletter, and Facebook page.
- Conducting outreach to get parents involved in school life.
- Supporting school activities like Parent-Teacher Conferences, school tours, and curriculum nights.
- Working with the school to identify and provide enrichment programs for our children.
- Perform fundraising to support enrichment programs, field trips, and teacher appreciation events.
- Electing parents to serve on the School Leadership Team (SLT).
- Encouraging parents to volunteer on the District 3 Community Education Council (D3 CEC).
Where do you fit in?
As a parent or guardian of a child attending PS 165, you are automatically a member of the PTA!
How can you get involved?
- Please come to PTA meetings, where you can find out more about what we’re doing to improve the school and see what you can do to help! Please get to know our board members.
- Volunteer at our events! We can always use more help.
- We also encourage you to attend the School Leadership Team (SLT) meetings.
- Last but not least, please donate to the PTA. Every dollar counts!
But I don’t have time!
We are all busy parents, but every little bit helps. If you want to help, but don’t know where to start, please contact us! Come talk to us at the PTA general meeting, use our contact form, or send an email to email@example.com.